These mini cakes are not only delectable but also a safe option for nut-free, gluten-free, or vegan guests.
110g brown rice flour (3/4 cup)
60g quinoa flour (1/2 cup)
30g arrowroot (1/4 cup)
30g cacao powder (1/4 cup)
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2tsp baking powder
pinch of sea salt
80ml maple syrup (1/3 cup)
80ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
60ml aquafaba (1/4 cup)
2tsp apple cider vinegar
120ml rice milk (1/2 cup)
CRANBERRY CHIA JAM:
100g cranberries (1 cup)
60ml orange juice (1/4 cup)
little orange zest
1tbsp maple syrup
small cinnamon stick (optional)
1tbsp chia seeds
100g dark vegan chocolate (3.5oz)
60ml rice milk
1tbsp maple syrup
fresh or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350F)
- Line 9″ x 9″ baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together brown rice flour, quinoa flour, arrowroot, cacao, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, aquafaba, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and rice milk.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix until well combined. The mix should be pourable, but not too thin consistency.
- Pour the mix into the prepared dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven once ready and leave to cool down before carefully removing from the tin.
- Place onto a flat surface and using 2″ round cutter carefully cut out shapes. You should end up with 11-12 shapes.
- Sandwich 2 together with a generous dollop of cranberry jam.
- Finely chop the chocolate and place into small bowl. Gently heat the rice milk until boiling point, pour over finely chopped chocolate and stir until completely smooth. Stir in maple syrup and pour over top of each of the cakes gently smoothing out the chocolate to drip over the edge.
- Decorate with fresh cranberries.
- To make the cranberry jam place cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a pot and gently heat for about 10 min until cranberries have popped and are soft. Remove the cinnamon stick and mash the cranberries with a fork until smooth. Stir in chia seeds and leave to cool down for a bit before transferring into fridge to set.